The first of Octobers walk about.

EastSussexLad

This took place on i think the first weekend, or maybe the second into October So i cannot really remember the ins and outs!,

We started around half two when we met Foggy11(Nick) at the first gate - Wheat stubble with some over grown patches through the middle, We lined across maybe 40 - 50 yards apart and walked the field up. When we got to the first patch of rough around 5-6 pigeons lifted out as i managed to drop one a cock bird lifted from my right no more than 5yards away from me that Nick dropped. I then downed another cock bird in the same rough.

Moving onto the next field, three grass fields spilt with dykes and very overgrown brambles. Entering the gate a fox is spotted around 50 yards in a patch of brambles so we go straight for this. A lot of moving about and the dog going mad the fox slips out the back closely followed by Nick and its down. Not really sure how the other two birds came down but i remember that we managed to lose another two pheasants due to how thick the brambles are.

Now it was flight time, i managed to bag a teal apon arriving out of a group of around 10. Dad and Nick decided to shoot the flight line of ducks that mostly consisted of mallard apart from one that i dropped on the pond. I also managed the one widgeon out of a pair that came through.

Thanks for reading! :oops:

(Looks asif someone got a little heavy handed with the pigeon :blink:)

post-8827-1288103538.jpg