BSA Ultra Power adjustment????

N_Faria

Don't even go there fella :o Discussing power adjustments is a definate no-no mate :no:

Is your gun showing a fault, firing way under a sensible setting?

The law states that "legal" air rifles should shoot UNDER 12 ft/lbs, which means up to 11.9ft/lbs. But, if your gun is tested at this setting, it would probably be over the limit with the pellets used for that test, as the authorities would use the heaviest pellets to TRY and get it over the limit. Your Ultra should be firing at about 11 > 11.5 ft/lbs to get the best performance and keep it legal :yes:

If you need some help, I could meet you and discuss this if you like?

Regards Chris

Dear Airgunners,

Can someone guide me how to set my BSA ultra Multishoot to 12 ftlb, I would really appriciate your help please PM

Is it a problem rifle, have you chrono'd it?

They run lovely at just under 11ft/lb, maximises the shot count.

No-one will tell you how to alter the power publically mate, and be honest without proper knowhow they don't adjust much anyway.

Thank you all for the help, just to clarify all i want is the ultra to be firing at 11.5/9 ft/lb, i strongly believe that at the moment without chrono the shoots are under 9 ft/lb.

Should I take to Gunsmith?

Is it something I can do?

Any tips or advice.

I have been yesterday to Pete's Airgun Farm, what a fantastic experience, that place is Heaven for Any Airgunner, really nice.

post-25752-0-35675400-1292143966.jpg

post-25752-0-21956900-1292144000.jpg

post-25752-0-68757800-1292144123.jpg

post-25752-0-36842000-1292144136.jpg

Nice to see the snow's all gone at Petes :yes: I'm gonna try for an afternoon there this week.

As for the power of your Ultra, get it to an RFD asap for a chrono test. Should only be a couple of quid, or free. Try Forceys in Welling.

If it is putting out around 11ft/lbs +/- 3 or 4, it won't affect the performance one bit, and will still be well capable of taking out all airgun quarry.

atb Chris

Not sure how you know its underpowered at 9ft/lb if you've not chrono'd it.

BSA often run a bit slower 10.8-11ft/b in expererience as factory setting.

Get it run through, but not at the start or end of charge, about shot 15 unless its Tenched.

Go on the bsa owners group forum and look up a guy called tench he regulates them for about a £120 (there not regged so you will have a power curve) and there is nothing but good words to say about him on there he knows them like the back of his hand its a really friendly site very airgun biased so you might get more help, atb

Edited by gilo17