broken buddy bottle

bones228

i have a bsa superten bull barrel carbine as you know, the issue is ive been given a spare buddy bottle but it wont hold the pressure, it seams the valve has a leak on it.

any ideas were i can get this fixed?

my local gunshop cannot help me. lol.

peace!

Edited by bones228

These are generally simple to fix, any scuba shop could do it. If it has any air left in it stick it in a sink of water and look for the bubbles. When I know this I will be able to tell you how to fix it, or if it has to go to the shop. Generally they are simple problems to fix, and the usual problems are one of 3 o rings, most commonly the neck o ring or the seat / slug itself. None of these are expensive or difficult to fix.

I have done many hundred of these for scuba divers over the years, and more recently for air gunners. Happy to advise.

These are generally simple to fix, any scuba shop could do it. If it has any air left in it stick it in a sink of water and look for the bubbles. When I know this I will be able to tell you how to fix it, or if it has to go to the shop. Generally they are simple problems to fix, and the usual problems are one of 3 o rings, most commonly the neck o ring or the seat / slug itself. None of these are expensive or difficult to fix.

I have done many hundred of these for scuba divers over the years, and more recently for air gunners. Happy to advise.

i filled it at our local gun shop and it just ****** out air till empty. he couldnt fix it as he said he cannot secure parts for it.

*** lol.

thehit nylon white pin in the valve is stuck me thinks...

You can change the valve if you like, but it could be as simple as a neck o ring, and 10p fixes that. I never used to charge for that, it takes seconds. The valves are simple units, and a leak is generally just one of the orings worn or perished or the slug/seal. It is rarely anything serious as the soft plastic and rubber bits tend to go long before the chrome plated brass does.

Like i said, stick it in the sink and if it bubbles from the neck it is a matter of seconds to change. if it is anyplace else, pop me a pm and i will advise on costs for fix, and if it is possible at home.

BSA fixed mine for nothing and it was out of guarantee, I phoned them told them the truth that I had tripped base over apex and the chap said ship it back I paid the postage job done for nothing, ring them, its worth it anyway your dealing with very high pressure at least if BSA fix it you will know its right!

Alan

BSA fixed mine for nothing and it was out of guarantee, I phoned them told them the truth that I had tripped base over apex and the chap said ship it back I paid the postage job done for nothing, ring them, its worth it anyway your dealing with very high pressure at least if BSA fix it you will know its right!

Alan

As above phone bsa, state your problem pop it in the post and within 2-4 days it will be back F.O.C. A very good company to deal with don't bother with a dive shop as it ain't a dive bottle... :good::good: