L200, Hilux, Ranger, Navara

tom_0787

I own a 1996 hilux surf which is an awsome 'recreational' vehicle and does me proud when it comes to shooting, wakeboarding, etc.

I also have a 2001 BMW 3 series coupe which I dont think I have used in the last 2 months. I have just been told that I am going to get a company car so I have no need for 2 cars anymore. My other half walks to work and normally uses the bmw if she needs a car.

As she rarely uses a car and now I am going to be using a company car I am going to have 2 cars sitting on the drive to tax/mot/insure/maintain.

I have formed an idea in my mind that I should sell both and buy a slightly more recent/smarter pickup. I use the hilux suff far more than my BMW and there really is no point having 2 cars.

So after all that waffling....

What pickup for about £9k gets the best fuel consumption? My surf gets 22mpg which I grin and bare. Am I likely to get better?

Tom, I have a 2007 L200 warrior which has now done 70,000 miles, i've had it from new, best mpg used to be around 32 average but then fitted a Ralliart chip from Mitsubishi, has improved to 38mpg. I travel 70 miles a day mainly on A roads always around or just over 70mph, when i put my 24ft caravan or my 21ft skiboat behind it and drive sensibly it reduces to 33mpg. excellent offroad, comfortable and plenty of room to put all my **** in. this is my 3rd L200 since 2002 and to be honest i was going to change it this year but after driving the 2010 model I decided I was more than happy to keep what I already had and save some cash.

Mall is yours the current shape model?

Yes mate, L200 Warrior 2.5 DiD. :good: (sometime refered to as the Batman shape or floppy fronted)

I had 2 of the earlier models, very reliable but bad fuel consumption and much lower geared than the new current shape version. No comparison in my opinion.

I own a 1996 hilux surf which is an awsome 'recreational' vehicle and does me proud when it comes to shooting, wakeboarding, etc.

I also have a 2001 BMW 3 series coupe which I dont think I have used in the last 2 months. I have just been told that I am going to get a company car so I have no need for 2 cars anymore. My other half walks to work and normally uses the bmw if she needs a car.

As she rarely uses a car and now I am going to be using a company car I am going to have 2 cars sitting on the drive to tax/mot/insure/maintain.

I have formed an idea in my mind that I should sell both and buy a slightly more recent/smarter pickup. I use the hilux suff far more than my BMW and there really is no point having 2 cars.

So after all that waffling....

What pickup for about £9k gets the best fuel consumption? My surf gets 22mpg which I grin and bare. Am I likely to get better?

I take it its a V6 Petrol then?