Montana Jacket

Guest Mr Pieman

Guest Mr Pieman

Hi all,

I have a Montana jacket that is proving a real pain in the rain! The pattern is perfect - keeps me well hidden. The fit is perfect - keeps me comfortable. The liner is perfect - my body never gets wet. However, the pockets - WHAT A PAIN IN THE RAIN :< :oops:

Every time it rains, the contents of my pockets end up soaked. Cartridges, bullets in holders, pull-throughs, tissues - you name it and it gets sodden!! Other than filling my pockets with plastic bags, has anyone got any solution to this irritating problem?

AND, AND, AND it's designed for a right-handed shooter - which I'm not :< :<

PP

Pieman,

Mine has some cartridge holders attached to the underside of the pocket flap which dangle out after you have retrieved something from the pocket.

Such a pain that I cut them off. One clever idea too far.

In all other respects, its a really good stalking jacket, warm waterproof, quiet and good camo.

It certainly kept me warm and dry sitting in your High seat :thumbs:

Simplest solution is a shoulder bag!

Regards

N.

I had a DH Nebraska and had the same problem. The cartridge flaps just get in the way and I resorted to sewing the bloody pockets up in the end and using a cartridge belt. The hand warmer pockets were too small and the only useful pocket was the zipped wallet holder. To be honest I didnt find the coat that waterproof or windproof either compared to my Barbour ( Still the original and best ! IMO. )

Somehow I cant imagine a 6ft something 16 stone Pieman with a shoulder bag then again I cant imagine anyone taking the P**s out of him if he did want one. ! :rolleyes:

FM.