heavy tail in labs

SPARKIE

has anyone heard of this and is it true that labs can get this problem quite a lot when working in water.

I ask this because my labs tail has swollen at the base and its very tender. he was working yesterday and had been in the canal and a few brooks and all night and this morn he@s been whimpering.... so i've taken him to the vets and they said it looks like heavy tail a known problem in labs. he also has a puss build up in one of his anal glands which leads me to believe this could be a problem as well making his *** sore but his tale is definitely swollen.

he's come out with anti biotic's and pain killers and got to go back if there's no sign of him getting better in the next few days.

ive never heard of this before but it has happend a couple of years ago.

also i need to try and get some weight on him and been told to try to change his diet to a working dog food what do people recommend i use at the moment hes on butchers and the likes but i cant get any weight on him he's very streemlined and tall.