Swap or sell

Fenlander

William Evans singel barrel 20 bore hammer gun,very sound and tight,no pits,

the forend is tipped with horn,the oval is not engraved,

on top of the barrel is either stamped or engraved,"WILLIAM EVANS from purdys 4 PALL MALL PLACE St JAMES'S LONDON.

It has nice engraving all around the action.

Sorry about the quality of the photos,but they are the best I and my camera could manage,

Now to be honest I dont need the money,and so would rather swap this gun for something more useful or shootable ,things other than guns I would be willing to swap for are,other pieces of sporting equipment,good quality tools or other old interesting items,(NO PENDANTS :rolleyes: )

I can only let this go to certificate holders,feel free to ask questions ,I'll do my best to answer them,and will always be honest.

All the best Mick.

mickspics018.jpg

Edited by Fenlander

Dig is one of the most knowledgeable people I have ever met and certainly has a flair for old English guns. Whether this would appeal to him I don’t know, but he could probably tell you what it was worth and if it was better to keep it or not.

For anyone interested in good shooting books, Dig has written a very detailed book about shotguns which should be out sometime soon (if not out already) and would be invaluable to anyone wanting to study up on anything to do with old English shotguns.

One or two of you may even have seen him at last years Midland game fair, where he had a display of fine old guns. :rolleyes:

G.M.