tribute to my dog jenson

busdennis

jenson came to us from a rescue centre as a 2 year english springer spaniel dog, we being his 3rd home. Very soon we discovered his problems where far worse than we could ever imagine, after a local dog trainer failed we got put in contact with a gundog trainer and many of his problems we overcame

Because of jenson we where introduced to a new life, we went beating, i started shooting and joined a syndicate, joined a claypigeon shooting club and a woodpigeon club.

jenson change our lives

4 years later unfortunatly his problem of aggression became worse and after serveral incidents, the latest being today a very difficult decision had to be made

we did and do love you jenson and hope you enjoyed your 4 years with us

RIP jenson

ps A few of you have met us and i write this not for sympathy but jenson deserves a little place on the internet for my small tribute

Edited by busdennis

I really feel for you. I lost my 3 year old lab last year to a rare virus. Just treasure the time you spent together. Although the pain will never go away we got a new pup 2 months later and he has certainly helped ease the pain and stopped the house feeling so empty without a dog.

Knowing the patience, thought and care that you 2 have given Jason over the last few years, It must have, and always is, with any dog owner, the hardest decision to make, done it too many times myself, for health reasons though. Maybe, in it's first couple of years, it had something permanently engrained, which could never be overcome.

Just love the Cocker's even more, they'll certainly take your mind off things.

RIP Jason

ATB

Dave

Am sorry to hear that news. Sometimes, no matter how hard you try you are unable to change some things. It is the toughest decision to put another wise healthy animal down through these kind of problems. The toughest, but definitely the right choice to make.

Particularly with a rescue, you simply cannot know what has gone before, so cannot always solve things. Don't be hard on yourself. Helen.