Best sat nav out there???

gibby

I've got a Tomtom 300 which covers the UK.

You have to download camera sites from the internet into it which is OK.

Invaluable for getting you to a farm in the middle of nowhere for a dawn stalk without waking up half the country by stopping and shining torches at road signs

:blink:

I have used the the VDO dayton 500, which is rated but doesn't include camera info, and I found the imput of addressed fiddly.

I have the Jaguar (alpine) nav system in my car which is dvd based, (and has touch sensitive screen and keypad) its very good, but the update dvd's are a rip off at about £350 a throw, every couple of years, to keep you abreast of road changes etc.

I have the origin B2 camera detector which can be updtaed daily or weekly which ever you want through your Pc. The subscription is £50 a year. This and the Roadangel are the 2 best systems going and are both gps based systems.

both also tell you about blackkspots and schools too (which you can disable) and have over speed warnings. The Origin B2 also has an inbuilt laser detector for mobile speed traps.

Hardly any police forces now use radar, will nearly all using laser technology.

B2 good for gatso, truvelo, specs average speed camera and Ds2 devices.

TomTom seems like the economical way forward if your car doesn;t aleready have the satnav.

bindi