Gamebore kent velocity 28g 7.5 fibrewad

Hi all I've been offerd sum of the above I no could use them on clays but they anygood for roost shooting? Cheers maxi

Not really the best cartridge for roost shooting.

You'll need something a bit punchier than a clay load. The birds will often be quite high and you'll be shooting through the branches/canopy. I'd use a shot size 6 minimum, preferably a 5 though. A 30g/32g cartridge will be an advantage too. :yes:

No doubt someone will be along in a minute to tell you that a 21g #9 shot in steel will do the job if you 'put the barrels in the right place'. Take no notice of them ;)

Not really the best cartridge for roost shooting.

You'll need something a bit punchier than a clay load. The birds will often be quite high and you'll be shooting through the branches/canopy. I'd use a shot size 6 minimum, preferably a 5 though. A 30g/32g cartridge will be an advantage too. :yes:

No doubt someone will be along in a minute to tell you that a 21g #9 shot in steel will do the job if you 'put the barrels in the right place'. Take no notice of them ;)

:lol:

The barrels in the right place being 15 yards from the target?

Personally I much prefer 5s but I have used 7.5s in the distant past with some success as does a mate at present. One day the end of last season we swopped a pair of cases, he had a R&L with my 5s, I had one and a miss with his Black Gold 7.5s. You will find that you will get a lot of pricked birds over 35 yards. The major downside for me would be plastic wads littering the place up. We all have a responsibility to leave the place as you find it.

If you use them keep the range close and have a dog handy for the runners.

A

apple there a a load of rubbish.. i went halfs on a 1000 with a pal ..cost us 130.00 used them for decoying. every pigeon i hit loads of them in the chest too droped and runned like 3 feilds away they havnt got the kick as a no 6 ...been shopping around the day bradford and stalkers has eley some make 32g no 6 which is ideal for roost etc is 179.50 a 1000 phoned about they seem to be the cheapist