BSA R10

left & right

for that sort of money a rapid 7 is a better idea mate , less problems all round. a mate of mine got one from the shop and the bottle went then 2 days after he got it back the o-rings went . so if your willing to spend more then ur 600 go ahead waste ur time and money . some people get a good one but not meny

Edited by rabbit.slayer.no.1

for that sort of money a rapid 7 is a better idea mate , less problems all round. a mate of mine got one from the shop and the bottle went then 2 days after he got it back the o-rings went . so if your willing to spend more then ur 600 go ahead waste ur time and money . some people get a good one but not meny

Complete dissagree, i have know of three close friends that have bought them and out the box they have been goood. They have nice wood and the new models are fairly reliable, from personal experience if your buying form new they seem to have ironed out all the creases. The other thing to do is buy an R10, if its still not good enough, post it off to john bowkett to have it blueprinted and then it should be near perfecct.

The only other alternative is for £100 more you can get a new weihrauch HW100. And have a look round price wise i've seen new R10's for £500.

ATB

EDR

**Also dont be fooled by the in-built shroud, u might want a silencer to go with it.

Hi folks, i have saved up 600 notes and going to get a r10 Friday well thats the plan but i have hared so much bad stuff and reviews I'm in two minds now i was just wondering has anyone got one and if there any good :hmm::hmm::hmm:

Hi i have owned my BSA R10 for 2 years (Just been Jb'd) and can highly recomend it. Rapid 7 are good but R10 wins hands down on looks.I would buy another R10 tommorow if i had the funds... Great looking and very accurate. They have had their problems but have been sorted out on the later ones.

If you want to get more info check out BSAOG forum which is BSA gun owners forum. BSAOG this should help you decide.

Mine is a definate keeper.

Yeah i would agree they are still a bit loud without an extra silencer, But you can have the shroud internals changed which apparently helps but i now have the shroud removed and Weihrach silencer screwed directly to the barrell and it is now whisper quiet. Another thing when in standard form with the silencer fitted to the end of the shroud it is a very long rifle.

Heres a picture of my baby..... My R10

Complete dissagree, i have know of three close friends that have bought them and out the box they have been goood. They have nice wood and the new models are fairly reliable, from personal experience if your buying form new they seem to have ironed out all the creases. The other thing to do is buy an R10, if its still not good enough, post it off to john bowkett to have it blueprinted and then it should be near perfecct.

The only other alternative is for £100 more you can get a new weihrauch HW100. And have a look round price wise i've seen new R10's for £500.

ATB

EDR

**Also dont be fooled by the in-built shroud, u might want a silencer to go with it.

Buzzing mate thanks for the reply i have ordered one and get it friday what do u mean by blueprint it and how much does that cost?? :good:

Yeah i would agree they are still a bit loud without an extra silencer, But you can have the shroud internals changed which apparently helps but i now have the shroud removed and Weihrach silencer screwed directly to the barrell and it is now whisper quiet. Another thing when in standard form with the silencer fitted to the end of the shroud it is a very long rifle.

Heres a picture of my baby..... My R10

Good stuff cheers for the help

Hi i have owned my BSA R10 for 2 years (Just been Jb'd) and can highly recomend it. Rapid 7 are good but R10 wins hands down on looks.I would buy another R10 tommorow if i had the funds... Great looking and very accurate. They have had their problems but have been sorted out on the later ones.

If you want to get more info check out BSAOG forum which is BSA gun owners forum. BSAOG this should help you decide.

Mine is a definate keeper.

Cheers :good::good::good:

I bought one last jan R10 in .22 put a Hogun Decimator on whisper quite grouping pellet on pellet at 50 yds mainly within a 5p

had a problem with regulator after a cpl months sent it back under warranty came back pushin 11.5/7 lb nothin wrong since. but went out and bought a Daystate

AirRanger in 1.77 also. R10 not had a luck in since wont go out with anything else now ranger all the way, R10 you either love em or hate em personal

Preference, but call to a local club see if n e one has 1, and have a shoot.

I bought one last jan R10 in .22 put a Hogun Decimator on whisper quite grouping pellet on pellet at 50 yds mainly within a 5p

had a problem with regulator after a cpl months sent it back under warranty came back pushin 11.5/7 lb nothin wrong since. but went out and bought a Daystate

AirRanger in 1.77 also. R10 not had a luck in since wont go out with anything else now ranger all the way, R10 you either love em or hate em personal

Preference, but call to a local club see if n e one has 1, and have a shoot.

I've got 2 R10's. .177 sub 12fpe, and .22 FAC.

One had to go back to BSA as it was performing poorly. I've also had one blueprinted as well.

If it works as it should out of the box, there is no need for blueprinting at all in my opinion. My .177 is not blueprinted and it is amazingly accurate. The R10 does have a poor reputation and it is extremely frustrating if you need to send one back under warranty.

Having said that, get a good one and they're VERY good.

Just my two penneth.

Cheers.

if there that good why send them away to be blueprinted i bought one had it 2 hours took it back to shop was shooting all over the place nice looking gun but looks arnt everything plenty other guns on market were my money would be going

Sad to hear mate its a bit out of order to sell them that way really :/

I've got 2 R10's. .177 sub 12fpe, and .22 FAC.

One had to go back to BSA as it was performing poorly. I've also had one blueprinted as well.

If it works as it should out of the box, there is no need for blueprinting at all in my opinion. My .177 is not blueprinted and it is amazingly accurate. The R10 does have a poor reputation and it is extremely frustrating if you need to send one back under warranty.

Having said that, get a good one and they're VERY good.

Just my two penneth.

Cheers.

Thanks it seems to be 50/50 if you get a good one or not i've ordered mine now pick it up friday just hope its ok :blink: :blink: :blink: