need help with new lamping setup please

elmar fudd

thanks for that mate :good: will have a look now :good: it will be used mainley for sitting and waiting for foxes with a shotgun though so i imagine its going to be used alot :/

i would get the best you can afford, if you can stretch to a larger Amp one then you will be better off!

Ok >=> Watts = Volts x Amps // 50 watt bulb = 12V x 4.1A // Amps = Watts divided by Volts //\\ A = 50/12 // amps = 4.1

OK - so for a battery rated at 4 Amp per Hour - therefore your 50 watt lamp will last Maximum 1 hour

However > in reality , about 30 to 40 minutes.

So, if used on for 1 minute (sweep search) off 4 minutes (walking on) then it will last for a reasonable time to wander around , say 2 + hours .....

You can now sort out other bulb ratings vs battery capacity ....

Ok >=> Watts = Volts x Amps // 50 watt bulb = 12V x 4.1A // Amps = Watts divided by Volts //\\ A = 50/12 // amps = 4.1

OK - so for a battery rated at 4 Amp per Hour - therefore your 50 watt lamp will last Maximum 1 hour

However > in reality , about 30 to 40 minutes.

So, if used on for 1 minute (sweep search) off 4 minutes (walking on) then it will last for a reasonable time to wander around , say 2 + hours .....

You can now sort out other bulb ratings vs battery capacity ....

Or take a look at the chart on the bottom of this page to get a rough idea and less time with your calculator!

Deben Lithium Batteries

All i can add is these new batterery packs are great, been using one two years and i would never go back. However they don't fade out slowly they just go when juice runs out. Used a mates std pack the last week and it was back to the aching shoulder!