CZ 452 Trigger Mod

foggy011983

Hi I have recently bought one of the trigger kits made and supplied by rimfire magic.

I am planning on using one of the springs for my 22 and one of the others for my 17.

The bit I dont quite understand is there are two shims in the kit. one coloured red and the other blue. Do I need to change these or will the spring change be enough?

If I need to change the shim what colour should I use and would the other colour be suitable for the other rifle? :look:

Thanks a lot in advance my head is spinning at the moment trying to work it out :lol:

Hi I have recently bought one of the trigger kits made and supplied by rimfire magic.

I am planning on using one of the springs for my 22 and one of the others for my 17.

The bit I dont quite understand is there are two shims in the kit. one coloured red and the other blue. Do I need to change these or will the spring change be enough?

If I need to change the shim what colour should I use and would the other colour be suitable for the other rifle? :look:

Thanks a lot in advance my head is spinning at the moment trying to work it out :lol:

the shims are to take up the free play in the trigger mech, most of the time you dont need to use them . have a look on you tube , its makes it so much eaiser to understand now to do the mod .just be very careful when pushing the pin out .( you might break the trigger )

If there is little or no creep in the trigger then dont fit the shim - it can reduce sear engagement and make the rifle dangerous - I fitted a trigger kit a few months ago on an '09 452 (22lr) and to be honest the trigger was fine, I just wanted to make it a bit lighter - the tubes were not required atall.

I decided to take it apart and see how things went. I decided not to fit the shim as i didnt fancy removing the burr and using lock tight to put the pin back.

I fitted the springs only to my .17 and the .22 and cant beleive the difference. I also bashed the gun in several places to make sure it wouldnt miss fire. All went ok so i cant wait to try it with a live round lol.