What's the hook for?

The Duncan

Hi folks,

I've bought some decoys, flocked jobbees that are mounted on a sprung peg as they are similar to the ones Bakerboy lent me (thanks very much Terry) but mine have little hooks on the bit you insert into the decoys slot. What are they for?

I'm tempted to remove the plastic hooks as they look less natural with them on I reckon.

Any thoughts fellow woodie pursuers?

Cheers

Duncan

Duncan,

Read on here some one suggesting they are meant to be used for hanging up in a tree or hedge etc.

I expect you will find most people lose theirs pretty quickly - either cut off on purpose or just snapped off in use. :good:

HW682

I always cut the little hook off, the shell still fits tight and would never blow off, on removing mine, while stick is still in ground, fingers both sides bottom of shell, and push top of spring (where hook was) down with thumb

Thanks Stubby - the technique of separating deek from peg I found worked best too, worked that one out pretty quick ;)

Hooks are coming off then! I thought it worth checking as they aren't cheap :huh:

ATB

Duncan