advice needed !!! vet prices on c sections

can any of u chaps advice me on how much a csection is around the middlands area !!! had look on some web site and seen a few prices mentioned 1000 1500 and even one bloke has paid 2300 for alitter of dead pups. I know vets prices have gone up a bit in recent years but thats day light robbery ! the reason i ask is my bitch i due this week and my mind is on over time. any feed back would be a great help and it takes me away from my bitch for ahour!!!!!

can any of u chaps advice me on how much a csection is around the middlands area !!! had look on some web site and seen a few prices mentioned 1000 1500 and even one bloke has paid 2300 for alitter of dead pups. I know vets prices have gone up a bit in recent years but thats day light robbery ! the reason i ask is my bitch i due this week and my mind is on over time. any feed back would be a great help and it takes me away from my bitch for ahour!!!!!

i was worried like that!! i priced it up and was about the same but dont worry to much because mine had her litter this morning all fine and dandy

ash

That does sound like quite a lot of money. It does depend on a huge number of factors such as time of day, size of dog, etc. The traditional approach was the cost of 1 puppy.

It is labour intensive and a number of extra staff might have to be called in to resuscitate puppies. Getting people out in the middle of the night will cost more. In our practice you would be looking something like £300-£500 depending on the factors I mentioned. It could be more if the bitch needed blood transfusions or had a ruptured uterus and infection etc.

You could always ring your own vet and ask!

Just an aside - in almost all cases this would NOT be covered by pet insurance.