some advice

RABID_DOGG

hi guys

i was wondering what i need to gain my fac and sgc i have a few farms that in shoot over all the farmers are happy with my service so far but i want to gain said license's to do some crow nest shooting in spring and distance rabbit shooting as at he moment it pot luck if i get any as I'm using an air rifle I'm trapping squirrels and magpies and i know there are foxes on my permissions but cant do any thing about them so what will the fao be looking for the farmers have said they will write letter saying that there happy with my shooting practice and are happy with me using a .17hmr and shoot gun on there land ....

so can anybody give any more info on what i need to do to please the police to gain fac and sgc

also on a side note looking for some with experience with rabbit snaring

Edited by RABID_DOGG

hi guys

i was wondering what i need to gain my fac and sgc i have a few farms that in shoot over all the farmers are happy with my service so far but i want to gain said license's to do some crow nest shooting in spring and distance rabbit shooting as at he moment it pot luck if i get any as I'm using an air rifle I'm trapping squirrels and magpies and i know there are foxes on my permissions but cant do any thing about them so what will the fao be looking for the farmers have said they will write letter saying that there happy with my shooting practice and are happy with me using a .17hmr and shoot gun on there land ....

so can anybody give any more info on what i need to do to please the police to gain fac and sgc

also on a side note looking for some with experience with rabbit snaring

They will want you reason for wanting said guns in your case pest control,they will ask where you intend to shoot you have that covered as it seems you have the land ,though they will also need to check the land I believe to be able to grant you FAC for obvious reasons they would not grant a FAC for 2 acres of land surounded by houses footpaths etc. you will need a secure place to keep the guns (gun safe) finaly you must not have any criminal record even a caution might mean you miss out you may get away with a old conviction for something trivial as such , but my FAO told me even speeding tickets can be taken in to account his reason being if your constantly getting nicked for speeding your not a "responsible person"

• 1 month later...

They will want you reason for wanting said guns in your case pest control,they will ask where you intend to shoot you have that covered as it seems you have the land ,though they will also need to check the land I believe to be able to grant you FAC for obvious reasons they would not grant a FAC for 2 acres of land surounded by houses footpaths etc. you will need a secure place to keep the guns (gun safe) finaly you must not have any criminal record even a caution might mean you miss out you may get away with a old conviction for something trivial as such , but my FAO told me even speeding tickets can be taken in to account his reason being if your constantly getting nicked for speeding your not a "responsible person"

Just to add to the above post - All of which is spot on advice:

It might be best to speak to the farmers where you shoot with your air rifle and make sure that they will be happy for you to use a shotgun or rifle on their land - If you have a good reputation then there is no reason why they should not. Ask them for a written permission (If you don't already have one) as the FEO might well want to see one first and it could speed up the application process!