thread for silencer on BSA superstar

flash

at the moment i have a BSA superstar .22, im installeing a gas ram in it and would also like to install a silener if possible, i have seen silencers advertised for it but i was wandering if firstly wether there is an adaptor to fit a silencer, and secondly if this does not exist(hope it does) wether it is possible to have the barrel threaded for a silencer.

this is a picture of the rifle, sorry it isnt the best pic.

BSA superstar

cheers

flash

Hmmm you could thread cut it but you would have to remove the barrel.. and the barrels on most guns like that are fixed in permanantly.. no chance of getting it out and putting it in a lathe for threading.

Best bet is to find a grub screw fitting silencer..

I worked on one of these a while ago.. not a bad machine. I dropped a squirrel with it before returning it to the gun shop fully re-built, re varnished and stained. It sold for double the previous price, and got me a few free tins of pellets :/

i found an adaptor that will fit over the barrel and grub screw on which has a thread on it to screw the silencer on to that. but the problem is that the lever under the barrel is to long to the adaptor wouldnt fit on, so i was wandering if you could shorten the leverl , bu the problem is that there would be nothing to hold the lever up, and there is also the catch on the underneath of the barel which would stop u from putting the adaptor on. i think i am going to speek to steve pope from webley venom and see what he says about it. hopefully i can get it sorted and also get the gas ram installed.

cheers

flash

yeah, mines a mark 1, but there is a large choke on the end of the barrel, i wander if it is possible to but a internal thread on that to put a silencer on, or just make an external thread.

:/ in my dreams.

cheers

flash