Barrel length

6.5shooter

I have been thinking lately of buying a new shotgun for shooting clays, mainly sporting clays.

I am mainly a centrefire rifle shooter but I have got bitten by the shotgun bug too a few years back but have never treated myself to a dedicated clay gun before.

I shoot crows by decoy over our crop fields with my 30" beretta o/u and get on well with it.

I am 6ft 5 and some people have told me to try 32" barrels but im not sure if they will improve me or make me worse?

Im not a bad oul shot but could be better and want to get some clay practice in to make me smoke the crows out of the sky!

What are youre views and experiences on this subject as Im still learning in the shotgun world?!

Garry

Well the way i see it is, if you get on well with your 30" Beretta, why not try this gun firstly on the clays, as you might surprise your self. Well it's better to try this than to buy a new gun and maybe not being able to shoot with it as well. ;)

Also it don't matter what other people say, because it's you who uses the gun and it up to you and your preference :good:

Edited by Simon123

I'm 6ft7. I started off with a 30", then happened to try a 28", which just worked for me. I can see the arguement, that longer, and therefore heavier barrels, create a smoother swing, but is that a problem, that you need to fix?

If you are trying to improve your crow shooting, wouldn't you be better off, sticking with the tool, you're going to be shooting crows with?