smk 208 F.O.S.(GROUPING)

Fat toad

Hi new to air guns i have joined a club near Dover and have had mixed advice as you do but well ment by the other members you can never get to much advice that is why i joined the forum.i have a new SMK TH208.22 i think i have it zeroed at 35yds this is the question does zero mean bulls eye every shot or does it mean shotting out the centre with group shots of 6 to 8 pellets and im useing the mil dot to further the rang to 50 yards and 60yards still grouping at 50 put not to good at 60 am i doing something wrong as i dont want my zero to be 60 yards so do you think i should stick to using the mil dot in this way ps my scope is a AGS COBALT MIL DOT any advice welcome i am going to the rang tomorrow yipppppe :D

Hi new to air guns i have joined a club near Dover and have had mixed advice as you do but well ment by the other members you can never get to much advice that is why i joined the forum.i have a new SMK TH208.22 i think i have it zeroed at 35yds this is the question does zero mean bulls eye every shot or does it mean shotting out the centre with group shots of 6 to 8 pellets and im useing the mil dot to further the rang to 50 yards and 60yards still grouping at 50 put not to good at 60 am i doing something wrong as i dont want my zero to be 60 yards so do you think i should stick to using the mil dot in this way ps my scope is a AGS COBALT MIL DOT any advice welcome i am going to the rang tomorrow yipppppe :D

Doesn't sound bad, 35-40 metres is about best range if used for rabbits/pigeons, if you can get 4 shots touching at whatever range I reckon thats good going.

You don't say if it's a .22 or 177 ?

you will need good quality pellets to get decent groups at 60 yards the cheap one's simple dont cut it, roughly speaking a good zero means a grouping of shots no more than an inch in size. you are shooting a springer so will need to let the rifle recoil dont hold it to tight as this will affect your groupings.

Thank you soldier1 this is what I'm looking for good sound advice am trying different pellet makes and so far the rifle likes RWS super dome not a bad pellet it's a good fit in the breach thanks for telling me about grouping and the one inch that in it's self explains a lot thank you