Been to vets

Gadge-it

We have had loads of police dogs return to full work after major operations. Also, all the staff at the vets where my wife works have 'for life' pet insurance. My own basket case ESS would have cost me ten grand by now if she wasn't insured.

Do your sums guys...

I have had (on average) 3 dogs for the past 15 years...

3 x £20 a month is £60...

x 12 months is £720 per year

x 15 years is £10,800

I've never had insurance and there is no way I've paid over 10 grand to the vets in 15 years - not even a third of that even with some pretty nasty injuries, cancer etc etc. Maybe me and my dogs are just lucky?

Cheers

Gillaroo

Would you rather pay the bill there and then to the tune of £3-5k or spread it over 5 years and let the insurance company take the hit ??? Also does the insurance cover the dog for non medical issues, such as your dog runs out and causes a major road accident..... all of a sudden your liable for much more than £15k......

Would you rather pay the bill there and then to the tune of £3-5k or spread it over 5 years and let the insurance company take the hit ??? Also does the insurance cover the dog for non medical issues, such as your dog runs out and causes a major road accident..... all of a sudden your liable for much more than £15k......

As far as i'm aware most pet insurance's cover you for public liability up to (?) huge ammonuns......I can't remember the ammount but it is considerable. At-least, it is with Petplan.