2.5 V6 GV

Red 9R

Hi Has anyone run a Grand vitara 2.5 V6

I had an older 1.6 LWB,that was fantastic around the farm and fields,I only do 6 miles a day on road so no problem with comfort etc, I wondered if the GV's were as good as the older Vit's? what sort of milage can the V6 engines go to if looked after?

Are there any real problem areas on them to look out for?

Cheers :good:

As for off road ability there pretty good, not in the full size 4by4 league, landy`s etc but not bad for an suv, cant say about the v6 petrol but I run a diesel version 54 plate & its done everything ive thrown at it & thats just with standard bridgestone 235*15 tyres, obviously ground clearance can be an issue sometimes but its not a defender after all !! :good:

I had a 2.5 V6 for a 5 years...regular Oil changes :good: ...never missed a beat..

It was brilliant in the field in low range with GF Goodridge AT,s and great in the snow...and we have got some hills around here.. :yes:

I won the open class at the CP trials in it beating two Discoveries and a Freelander at the time...As it was sponsered by Landrover dealer I never got invited back to defend my title...

The diesel version has the better torque..but on the black stuff the 2.5 was very swift...I used to love the way it rocked gently from side to side when idling at the lights... :lol: :lol:

When I bought it, it had 28 K and when I sold it 98 K...the Suzuki Build quality is pretty good and like all things japanese it was very reliable. If I nursed it I could get 35 MPG out of it as well..but 29 was about the norm.

We currently have one. Had it a few years and now looking at selling it on for a new shape L200.

Ride wise it's great, fuel is okay for a big engine but comfort is second to none! It's seriously comfortable. Boot is okay and fits a reasonable amount of gear in there.

We live on a steep hill and the police normally close it to all traffic except 4x4's. We still get up and down it with bother at all. I have run it round the farm a few times when the small 4x4 wasn't working and it coped in mud and slop suprisingly well.

I would have never thought about one until my Mrs said she had bought one... :huh:

I am pretty impressed with it! Ours is a 54 plate one in a slate metallic grey. Better than the two tone ones. Tyres aren't too expensive either, servicing is good and ours has run 100% fault free for the last 4 years. Well, apart from me breaking the rear door handle when it was frozen solid. :/

Would I look at another now? Absolutely!