tikka practise session

foxnet22

well lads after having to postpone my long awaited zero session i finaly got out today.took the 17hmr and my new rifle tikka 595 in 223.first to zero was the hmr after recently adding a new scope zero was at 100 yrds after a few shots had it bang on target although not a very tight group but noticed on more shots became tighter happy with that.then was the turn of the tikka at 100yrds using privi partizan and a simmons whitetail 3.5-9x50 scope.was hoping the gun would like the privi ammo so fingers crossed that everything would be suitable.first shot was rather far out so some adjustments and three shots and was on target.another three shots and i was amazed, group well within an inch, really tight group.in my opinion this tikka 595 is simply excellent,the feel balance,smooth bolt etc.anyone looking for a centerfire should at least try one if possible.i know the scope is not a top of the range distance scope but if i can get groups like this at the 200yrd mark i will be more than happy and be confident on a shot at old charlie at this range.also the privi ammo played its part without any problems.so to sum up my 50 mile drive to permission that i rate suitable for 223 because of backstops etc,was an enjoyable day cant wait to get more practise in before the hunt for charlie begins.

Another happy customer with Privi Partizans! I have always used Partizans and have been more that happy with the accuracy they give me in my .243! Having said that I am using some reloaded ammunition with 70g Blitzkings for foxes now but still keep Partizans in 100g sift points for deer!

In my rifle Partizans work fine and are very "economical" to use compared to other brands of ammunition - There's nout wrong with "cheap and cheerful"! :good: