Bsa regulator ultra carbine

Mat2803

Hi all I'm just wondering about the regulator mod that u can get to gain more shots per fill. Maybe I'm daft but does this also meen less power to each shot as I carnt see how u would get moor air from the same amount of space is there sumthing I'm missing hear just wounded if anyone could explain to me how this works thanks

The regulator does what it says, regulates the amount of air released per shot. Give or take a nanno, it works out the same each time you press the trigger. Therefore making it much more efficient than the standard gun. You get approx 80/90 good shots per 235 bar fill compared to around 30 good shots from the standard. The power is set at approx 11.5 [or what ever you've asked for] when the reg is done, and the result is +/-7 ft/sec [approx] per shot string :yes:

I've had mine done now for about 16 months and never had a problem :D

Well worth the money IMHO :good:

atb

Chris

Edited by JKD

Hi all I'm just wondering about the regulator mod that u can get to gain more shots per fill. Maybe I'm daft but does this also meen less power to each shot as I carnt see how u would get moor air from the same amount of space is there sumthing I'm missing hear just wounded if anyone could explain to me how this works thanks

http://bsaog.co.uk/forum/index.php try these m8

The regulator does what it says, regulates the amount of air released per shot. Give or take a nanno, it works out the same each time you press the trigger. Therefore making it much more efficient than the standard gun. You get approx 80/90 good shots per 235 bar fill compared to around 30 good shots from the standard. The power is set at approx 11.5 [or what ever you've asked for] when the reg is done, and the result is +/-7 ft/sec [approx] per shot string :yes:

I've had mine done now for about 16 months and never had a problem :D

Well worth the money IMHO :good:

atb

Chris

HI thanks for info iv been told 210 bar to fill rifle so is 235 the correct amount to be filling mine up to ta mat

If you've not got a regulator at the moment, the 232 bar BSA say to fill to is way too high, as the power drops right off at higher pressure. I've chronoed mine on the range after a 230 bar fill and seen power as low as 7-8 ft lbs :blink:

Filling to 190-200 bar is about right. I find the first couple of shots after filling can be a bit erratic, so I fill to 200, fire off a couple, then get 20-30 consistent shots.

If you can lay your hands on a chrono, it's worth testing your own gun to find out what its power curve's like, as they seem quite variable. The regulator is definitely a good investment. The Ultra's an OK gun off the shelf, but the reg really raises it up to a different level.

If you've not got a regulator at the moment, the 232 bar BSA say to fill to is way too high, as the power drops right off at higher pressure. I've chronoed mine on the range after a 230 bar fill and seen power as low as 7-8 ft lbs :blink:

Filling to 190-200 bar is about right. I find the first couple of shots after filling can be a bit erratic, so I fill to 200, fire off a couple, then get 20-30 consistent shots.

If you can lay your hands on a chrono, it's worth testing your own gun to find out what its power curve's like, as they seem quite variable. The regulator is definitely a good investment. The Ultra's an OK gun off the shelf, but the reg really raises it up to a different level.

As this guy says, an un-regged Ultra only fill to 190bar to keep the sweet spot :good: A regged Ultra can be filled to 230/235bar quite safely.

When the reg is done, the gun is set up from scratch. So you can choose a power setting to suit your choice of pellet, erring on the safe [legal] side of 12ft/lbs of course. Bear in mind that your Ultra may choose itself a different pellet, but more testing is par for the course. You might be lucky and it'll stay the same.

My Ultra was set at 11.6 with AA Fields I think, but I'm using Falcon Accuracy Plus [.22] and it's putting out 10.6/10.8ft/lbs. This isn't a problem and knocks bunnies over with ease at up to 45/50yds max [if conditions allow] :good:

Any more questions :hmm::lol::lol:

atb

Chris

The regulator only releases enough air to just fire each pellet with very little waste. Therefore being super efficient with the air in the original cylinder :yes: I can get through 8 mags [80 shots] easily on the range, before I notice any dropping off of power :D

The regulator only releases enough air to just fire each pellet with very little waste. Therefore being super efficient with the air in the original cylinder :yes: I can get through 8 mags [80 shots] easily on the range, before I notice any dropping off of power :D

That's pretty good going. I've noticed XTX quotes "55-65 regulated shots" with the .177 and "65-80 regulated shots" for the .22, both with a 250 bar fill. I guess once the pressure drops below a certain point, you must still get a number more lower powered unregulated shots before the power really drops away?

That's pretty good going. I've noticed XTX quotes "55-65 regulated shots" with the .177 and "65-80 regulated shots" for the .22, both with a 250 bar fill. I guess once the pressure drops below a certain point, you must still get a number more lower powered unregulated shots before the power really drops away?

Mine is a Tench Reg :D and I watched Simon do it, and he tweaked some other bits at the same time [don't ask me what, I'm not into the tech side TBH :blush: ] There are other mods that can be done, but this adds severely to the cost, but still make a better gun even better,,,, if that's possible :):hmm:

My reg works at 90 bar, so as long as there is above that in the cylinder, it fires a full power shot :yes: