Have I gone mad

barraboy

I have swapped the seadate labrador life for a the racier life of a cocker i must be mad, the old lab boy still has a few years left in him retrieving on the marsh. but to pluck him from the gentle fylde and get him clambering over the fells near kendal, tad to much for him at this stage so a new pup enters the fray.

the old boy in slightly younger days, he's 8 now hardly ancient but no stripling either.

IMG_3547.jpg

IMG_2970.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

not a bad lad considering he was the wifes pet for 18 months

new kid on the block, 9 weeks of thundering energy taking a breather

helen2062.jpg

so, have i gone mad? a mid life crisis is my cocker simply a cheaper version of a Porsche over a family saloon, lol

I have swapped the seadate labrador life for a the racier life of a cocker i must be mad, the old lab boy still has a few years left in him retrieving on the marsh. but to pluck him from the gentle fylde and get him clambering over the fells near kendal, tad to much for him at this stage so a new pup enters the fray.

the old boy in slightly younger days, he's 8 now hardly ancient but no stripling either.

IMG_3547.jpg

IMG_2970.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

not a bad lad considering he was the wifes pet for 18 months

new kid on the block, 9 weeks of thundering energy taking a breather

helen2062.jpg

so, have i gone mad? a mid life crisis is my cocker simply a cheaper version of a Porsche over a family saloon, lol

Handsome little beast you got there buddy labs a looker to you done well to get a good shooting dog out of him considering well done :good: :good:

Edited by tigger

Would that be one of Derek's cockers, (Witherslack)?: it looks very much like our Jess.

If so, you have bought into a good blood line.

No, we got him from Weston, lovely little bitch sent to Hawcroft Kennels, Timsgarry Valtos was the sire, championship winner 2008. the bloodline is good just up to me not to ******** it up.

Lovely looking dogs there. Where do you go fowling on the Fylde?

cant get on anywhere on the Fylde, its easier getting into the queens knickers than getting into clubs here, tried Lytham, Fylde, Morcambe Bay etc,,,zero. luckily i have a mate up in kendal [where the cocker will earn his keep eventually] who put me in touch with westmorland wildfowlers and im on there, bit of a trek passing marshes on the way, fylde being 15 mins drive from my house, but its a welcoming club and im happy to be lucky enough to get in.

FG, Aye your right there fingers crossed the lab has a few years left in him yet and he's picked a snipe to a Canada, and most things inbetween, so he'll still do a job for me. the cocker is predominantly for shooting the fells between kendal and windermere. but if he can pick up the odd teal or wigeon on the marsh thats a bonus.

FG, Aye your right there fingers crossed the lab has a few years left in him yet and he's picked a snipe to a Canada, and most things inbetween, so he'll still do a job for me. the cocker is predominantly for shooting the fells between kendal and windermere. but if he can pick up the odd teal or wigeon on the marsh thats a bonus.

Ive seen cockers pick pinkfeet geese up no problem and get greys and canadas to the bank they just cant drag them up but you can pick them up from there easily enough anyway dont be frighted to take him out he will do fine :good: :good: :good: