Browning 525

dorianbuilders

It really depends how small the mark is. I have the same model of gun and I picked up a mark that sounds similar after only a month - seriously cheesed me off :angry: However, a little very delicate work with a tiny piece of wet and dry, followed by a pure alcohol clean, then I used one of the 'blue' pens available from the 'bay, and it is nearly invisible! Certainly doesn't warrant a trip to the gunsmith. Anyway, as my shooting improved, I look less and less at the rib, so I don't notice it at all now. As I say, if the mark is very small, give it a try, you have nothing to lose. If it is larger and or the dent is significant, brace yourself (and your wallet !)for the gunsmith cost.

It is worth picking up a 'blue' pen anyway, as my forend marks where it rubs on the barrels, can only be seen with the forend off, but I like to keep the blue touched up to protect the metal. Apparently it is something most 525's do, according to the salesman, who has one himself. Certainly my mate's 525 has these same scratches. Good luck :good: .