Daylight footage from the hd camera

yds

Have quite a few does to remove this november which have single buck followers so targeting them first.

got my self a new laptop which is HD ready so can upload proper hd vids now. This was his first deer stalk and he had his wife with him. We did well 25m's off 2 roe.

That's a good bit of video footage there, especially to show how patience is needed for the right shot to present itself rather than rushing the shot or choosing the wrong beast to cull!

As you quite rightly say, it it deer management not "sporting shooting" and as such it has to be done and you did it very well! :good:

Many thanks F.B.

the camera is fantastic for a palm sized unit.

Many do not understand the ethics of deer management.

Nothing tries this more then culling does with young.

That buck would normally have been left with his mother till april, but in that area ALL the does have buck kids this year and some does have to go.

So its better to take the does with single buck kids. this allows their mothers to be shot in season next month without the worry of orphaning any young.

the does with buck twins will be left allowing their young to form the cull in april and may.

Edited by yds

I have to disagree with your wording, a Kid is a kid and a buck is a buck. That is clearly a kid, male yes, maybe even a kid buck, we call them bock kitz here in Germany, but it's still a kitz.....kid. The wording is misleading.

I hope you did not just call me a weekend hunter either, as I would take offence to that. With the best part of twenty five years experience, having worked as a professional agricultural pest controller in UK for a period and now with the Bundes Forst ampt I would say I know what I am doing. I have introduced many young guns to the sport and have taken them through their first stalks/sits, and grallochs. Bit peeved with the comment to be honest if it was intended as I read it. If not then all is well and you will understand my concern that I understood that you thought you were shooting a buck.

You are wrong my friend.

It is a buck weather it a kid or anything else!

what else do you call a male roe deer. A boy kid?

It was a kid but it was buck kid.

I too have 25 year experience and guide clients on about 400 outings a year returning 150-200 roe.

I did not mean any offence by my earlier comments but take them as you like.

As said in an earlier post the area here had far to many does in and ALL have buck kids so to take a single kid now will allow me to cull the mother in early november when she is in seson.

I have shot deer and boar in bavaria, croatia, bulgaria and am going hunting moose next month in finland (as a tip)

I have also had as clients germans, spanish, belgiums danes, arabs, americans, hong kong(ers)(chineese) norweigens and sweedes. So am familar with some of their terms and customs.

In england This is a BUCK KID.

regards john

Edited by yds