Shooting glasses

Justintime

Heres a question to some who where prescription speks, How do some of you get on with haveing to wear shooting glasses on clay grounds ?

I went to a trade fair today, found some shooting glasses interchangable lenses where you take the frame to the optitions and have your indervidual prescriptions fitted to the frame the lenses the balistic polerized lenses then fit into the frame infront of your prescription.If that makes sence.the balistic lenses come in 4 different colours.They come with eather black or silver frames,and a soft carry case price £49.99 is this a reasonable price ? They also do some with 5 lenses for those that dont need specks for £19.99 anyone think these are good prices or too pricey

Just bought a pair of ESS ICE off the bay for £13.50 came with grey tint, yellow & clear lenses all packed in a pouch. Also got the RX frames for prescription lenses that fit on the nose piece for £7.50 and Specsavers will put single vision lenses in them for £39.00. As I also need safety specs for work hopefully they will pay for them!!! Sorted.

The ESS ones I think are MOD issue so ballistic tested.

The prescription part of these glasses are part of the frame and you can lift the balistic lenses out of the way flip ups,I have the option to obtain these and others just wondered what the feed back would be on them as i intend to get a few dozen of both types for resale to the squaddies.as the mod supplied ones are not very well made the feed back is the frames snap after a while when changeing the lenses

Edited by Justintime

Flip ups sound ok. If the prescription lens forms part of the frame just make sure that the frame will take a good range of prescription powers.ie thickness of lens as some out there are OK but only if you are slightly visually challenged and will not accomodate the japanese sniper type lenses.

Just for comparison I checked with 3 different opticians for cost of prescription lenses in the RX frames and they were

specsavers £39.00 Boots £75.00 Privately owned £70.00. How can the costs be nearly double Specsavers v's Boots!!!!

If the ones you looked at include the prescription @ £49.99 then these are great value. I think doyle sports do something similar.

They dont include the prescription lenses you have to have them fitted as you have but the fixed lens ones are great value i will be doing those at £10 posted they come in clear yellow,orange,vermillion. And the ones with 5 different lenses at £20 posted I think thats value for money :good: