any bricklayers on here

trowel 7

Currently we are paying on our sites

100mm solids £12.00

140 solids £15.00

1/2 brick facings £400 per thousand.

I have heard of some Contractors forcing their bricklayers as low as £8.00, £11.00 and £300 respectively but at that level you get what you pay for.

Hope this helps.

cheers for that mike will try him at £15 see wot they say

Im a bricky in Plymouth and rates have gone right down im getting 7.50 for 4" 13 for 9" 9 for 6"m2 330 a thow. on brick 45 pm2 on stone its **** where you getting those rates

working rouDerbyshireire just spoke to a mate he was getting 220 per 1000 facing was expected to do the block work for nothing he has just jacked .Day rate anything from 120 per day down to 60 .Know its wrong time of year but jobs on its axxx up here evebody'sd :no: strugglinging

Currently we are paying on our sites

100mm solids £12.00

140 solids £15.00

1/2 brick facings £400 per thousand.

I have heard of some Contractors forcing their bricklayers as low as £8.00, £11.00 and £300 respectively but at that level you get what you pay for.

Hope this helps.

they look damn good prices, far better than anywhere in the north east!!!!!!!!!!!

they look damn good prices, far better than anywhere in the north east!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I think they are competitive. We are a Regional Contractor Privately owned.

Im afraid the large House Bashers and Larger National Contractors who have share holders to satisfy are struggling for margin having taken work at suicidal prices and are doing no more than just screwing subcontractors into the ground due the shortage of work.

Ive been in the industry for 35 years and worked through 3 recessions in that time. and you If you screw your Subcontractors they screw you its human nature and you will always spend money to get the job finished or done properly. This much I have learnt.

Any Contractor is only as good as his Subcontractors and its sad that many of the Larger Contractors dont realise this.

When the work comes back (and it will eventually,) Some of these Contractors will be at risk in a rising Market because they have long term Contracts at a ridiculously low level and there will be no Loyalty from the Subbies they have screwed.

Yes I think they are competitive. We are a Regional Contractor Privately owned.

Im afraid the large House Bashers and Larger National Contractors who have share holders to satisfy are struggling for margin having taken work at suicidal prices and are doing no more than just screwing subcontractors into the ground due the shortage of work.

Ive been in the industry for 35 years and worked through 3 recessions in that time. and you If you screw your Subcontractors they screw you its human nature and you will always spend money to get the job finished or done properly. This much I have learnt.

Any Contractor is only as good as his Subcontractors and its sad that many of the Larger Contractors dont realise this.

When the work comes back (and it will eventually,) Some of these Contractors will be at risk in a rising Market because they have long term Contracts at a ridiculously low level and there will be no Loyalty from the Subbies they have screwed.

Well said, I run my own contracting business for private clients and cheapest has never yet proven to be best.