tonights bag

aister

went to a piece of flood water tonight after the rain we had last night and earlier today, the wind was perfect for where a stone wall could provide cover. when i got there, there seemed to be ducks every where in the air so i sat in with high hopes. after sitting for half an hour with nothing moving i was begining to wonder if anything was coming back. the first to arrive was three mallard, missed them clean with both barrels :blush:. after that every thing seemed to go well. ducks seemed to be coming from every direction and i had a very hectic half hour, after having two mallard safely retrieved a pair of greylags came in, i only had time for one quick snap shot and one goose hit the deck, the other goose took a big circle and came back to look for his pal only to end up in the bag too. quite a few groups of geese came in but with so many ducks around i left them in peace. the bulk of what came in after the geese was wigeon which was unusual as its mostly mallard and teal that uses that piece of water. i had 5 wigeon in very quick succession with a right and left in the middle of it and a mallard to round of a very enjoyable night flight. deciding i had enough for one gun i left with birds still coming in and another twenty minutes of light left.

post-29954-0-49959400-1322331863.jpg