Rough and pigeon shooting

Matty450

Hi all, I am fairly new to the shooting world, I have just found some land( well over 300acrs) that a farmer is more then willing for me to shoot, I have been there a few times and only bagged a few duck. The farmer has said I can shoot anything on,from rats to pheasant to duck, anyways what I'm getting at is that if there someone out there with much more ex then me I would love for u to come and teach me a few tricks of the trade,I have 2 shotguns and 2 air rifle some FUD and cammo netting, and in case u are looking at this on your phone I'm from Kent nr ashford any help please send a pm any time best for you thanks for looking Matt.

Hello mate waiting for me SGC to come through should be in Feb. If your still looking for some help and ideas give me a shout have been shooting with air rifle most of me life. As they say two heads are better than one. :good:

What type of land is it and whats about on the land!! :hmm:

Thanks Roy the land is mixed with wood and a think rape field small ponds, the farm yard and scrub land. I have seen fox, rabbit,duck,rats,pheasant,crows,and lots of pigeons both wood and ferril all in all a really really nice place to walk , even if you don't get anything lol thanks for the reply. I will let u no and good luck with you sgc. Matt

Thanks Roy the land is mixed with wood and a think rape field small ponds, the farm yard and scrub land. I have seen fox, rabbit,duck,rats,pheasant,crows,and lots of pigeons both wood and ferril all in all a really really nice place to walk , even if you don't get anything lol thanks for the reply. I will let u no and good luck with you sgc. Matt

Sounds like some nice mixed land, according to me FEO its just a matter of waiting for me SGC to land on me doormat!!! He reckoned Feb but the wheels do often turn very slow. Have you tried decoying the pigeons?? Do you have dogs to flush game??? or just have a wander and see what shows itself??

:good:

Dont neccesarily have to have a gun dog anything thats nosey and will run about in the hedges etc and flush stuff out will do. I have a couple of Jack russel crosses and they love getting in the bushes nosing about. Or alternatively try a bit of roost shooting.