Tonight's quick outing

snowz

Head shots at range are never easy.

If you can wait for a broadside shot mate, might not miss as many as you said.

Well done anyway.

I shoot over 100 a year (and taken over 2,500 foxes now) out to 360m's (under the lamp)(further in daylight) or so have a very accurate sako 22250 and a ziess 6-24x56 with a drop compensator and still wouldn't like a head shot at that range.

Each to there own mate, I don't think 160yds is a long shot that's more like the average distance we get shooting them.

I too have shot them a lot further under the lamp with my 260 akley, but my 222 is just a 200 yds point and shoot rifle.

We are only human and all miss at times and I'm not afraid to admit it. Reasons for missing them, unknown it just happens I suppose

I check my loads and zero on regular basis and always been happy with my results.

As for waiting for broadside shot, it was asleep in the field head on towards me, the lamp went on it didn't care or notice I was there so took the shot, I take whatever shots on offer at the time be it head or body we can't make the fox stand side on for us just to make the shot.

Wasn't critising fella just making a point.

I too shoot head sometimes as well as ******** if thats all thats available and he needs to go.

But its better to leave them sometimes and make sure for a telling shot, as to shoot every fox you see whatever the circumstances.

But around here its a very big game shooting area and lamp shy foxes are not a good thing.

All i'm saying is why try and shoot a tennis ball sized target if you can get a sausepan lid by waiting a minute.

If he wasn't bothered what was the rush or need to shoot.

But fair comment you got him that the main thing.

Well done.