nervous aggression ??

saz

any1 have any insight into this ?? i know wot it is and how it is caused etc. but i cant seem to cure it or even get it under control !! each time i think im winning sumthing sends him right bac to square 1.

which is basically scared of all people and showin aggression towards them. it bothers me quite alot coz he is a working dog and altho most of time he will be working alone pickin up with me he will also be expected to go into beaters line now and then.

any info on it will be gratefully recieved :good:

Before going to in depth with this, you need to contact the breeder and see if either parent went through this or is predisposed to it. Then contact the other puppy owners of the litter and find out if any of their pups are doing the same. You should be able to get a list of new owners from the breeder. When you contact them do not make any accusations just explain that you are haveing some socialization issues and that your dog is not excepting strangers well, and explain that you are just trying to see if anyone else is having the same problems.

The above is so that we can decide if this is an inherant problem or a socialization problem, and will help decide which way to procede.

NTTF