What Gun?

andy74

Guys,

If you had a budget of £350, then what gun would be your first choice? Ive learnt to shoot with a 12g O/U Baikal,which was cheap, as i wanted to make sure i enjoyed the sport as much as i do now, which to learn with has been great, but now I want to upgrade a bit. Should I stick to O/U, or maybe try a semi/auto, with not having a massive budget.

I know it's all down to personal preferance, but wanted to get a few more views on the matter, as the next gun i want to be happy with, and keep it for quite a while.I dont want to buy anything as cheap as the Biakal, then regret buying it and end up messing about after another one.

I bought an E Rizzini multi choke sporter earlier this year, its a great all rounder, feels nice, shoots great and for money looks nice. Price i paid was £275 from www.guntrader.co.uk its the sideplate model with gamescene on it. I honestly would have not bought any other gun after using this 100% happy with it, used for clays, game and rough its superb! :good:??? :( :devil:

My advice from 1st hand experaince would be to save up untill you can spend £500 and buy a browning/miroku/beretta/winchester You can pick these guns up for about this price although they will have a good mileage on them, but they can last this and will be a nicer gun than the cheaper alternatives.

Failing this, for £350 a used beretta 301/302/303/304 (semi auto) should fall into your budget, or a used lanber O/U

Out of the lanber and the beretta semi auto i would choose the beretta, however i dont personally think you can own just a semi auto, you need either a O/U or S/S as well incase you get invited to a posh days phesant shooting. So only buy a semi if you are keeping the baikal.

• 1 month later...