4x4

geordiemick

I've got a 57 plate Freelander 2, had it for almost two years now and have had no issues with it at all. Gets used for my commute down to London every week and for work, at the weekend it's used for shooting etc so gets off road use and is usually in a mess and has a whiff of wet dog about it lol !

Averaging about 36mpg, it's a manual box but with hindsight I would prefer an automatic but then apparently the mpg suffers a bit from that. Never got stuck in mud, snow or whatever I've put it through and it's now done about 63,000 miles and never missed a beat.

Might be worth checking out www.freel2.com as there are some knowledgeable Freelander owners on there who can give you some good pointers :good:

The only two slight issues I've had we're a faulty cigarette lighter socket and an annoying clunk from the drivers door when accelerating and braking, this turned out to be a known issue and I got the fix from the website I mentioned before and they were both sorted in warranty.

Apart from those which were only niggles the car has been faultless, fitted her with General Grabber AT's a few month ago and she's even better in the mud and snow now :good:

I've got one, it's a 59 plate manual. Computer is showing 26mpg but I tow a lot and do a lot of short journeys. On a good run, I can get 500 miles to a tank. Had a few issues, mainly the steering lock stopping it from starting first time, this was fixed with an update. It had a new clutch in November at 28k, they said it was worn due to towing, but on inspection the clutch was like and it's a common fault with carbon dust stopping the adjusters adjust.

It's the basic version so no terrain response but I've never got it stuck and always felt confident enough that it will get me where I need to.