citreon C4

spannermonkeymark

i had a c5 great economy for a big car get a diesel but my clutch went it was going to be really expensive. french cars are nice to drive and look good but can empty your pocket when it comes to repairs because it never seems to be a minor fault, the new ones maybe better and the c6 is a babe lol

A friends got one and they like it, think they said they are getting in the high 40's on fuel ecomeny (diesel auto). One thing I found strange is the clock consul is in the centre of the dash.

Agree with the others about spare, I had a citreon years ago even simple things like radiator hoses cost a arm and a leg. Sent mine to the scap yard in the end as spares were going to cost more than the car was worth.

I have a 2005 Citroen C4 1.4SX which has been faultless over 114,000 miles. As said dealers are not great and parts are around the same as any other car firm. I do all my servicing myself so it's dirt cheap.

I find the C4 very comfortable, has good handling and is frugal on the motion lotion. They all come with a very good level of eqipment, my SX which is one up from bottom has air con, cruise control and disks front and rear.

Best thing is that people cheap spouting "french c***" so it keeps prices really low.

I had a saxo from new and it was absolutely bullet proof. I actualy found the parts very cheap from the parts desk in citroen showrooms even more so than a motor factors and they know what parts you actualy want. I would put my money on a citroen over any Peugeot, Renault or even ford any day. If you can get a c4 with the 1.6hdi engine you are laughing.

until my c5 clutch went i could not fault it i was sometimes getting 50 to the gallon on a big estate :good: alas the cost of fixing it ment it had to go but its true they can be the hidden jewl of the car industry because they may cost to fix but can be very cheap to buy as they dont hold money well unless its a diesel they can still keep a reasonable value until lights and bells go of telling you you have to fix something, an engine warning light makes them very hard to sell so when you buy make sure NO LIGHTS COME ON THE DASH AND STAY ON

Edited by storme37