Magnet and Flapper

gary29428

Just wondering if many of you guys use a magnet and flapper at the same time. If so were abouts in the spread do you put the flapper in relation to the magent. We were out on Saturday and had about 80 in a few hours but only had consistant shooting when we took the flapper in and only had the magnet and a few deeks out, we had the flapper inside the magnet. Flapper was on the wholetime by the way, wondering if you guys use timers and so on.

same here put magnet at front of patern just to one side then flapper off the the back of one the legs to imitate a bird coming in all ways have a timer on it. If I have it on all the time it looks to much I feel. If I dont use the magnet then I tend to put the flapper at the front to imitate a bird at the front of the pattern bunny hopping as they do when they feed

If i use both i set the magnet up to the right hand side of the pattern.

Shell decoys are set up in the classic horseshoe pattern

and the flapper is set in the middle of the horseshoe at the backto immitate

a bird that is coming into land in the pattern, i have it set on a timer.

This is how i was advised to use it by the people i got it from.

Works ok for me drags the birds in........ :oops::lol::lol::lol::D

The heat and lack of wind has been a problem for us in the past also, we were out on Sat and had to bale out at 1pm after 80 birds downed. We are setting up at 3pm today and will shot into the evening, birds seem to be feeding later in the evening. We have an excellent spot here in Galway on the west coast of Ireland which has **** all pidgeons due to the lack of crops. However we have an area of 100acres of barley and oats and it's basically the only crop for about 60 square miles so every pidgeon in the county is there everyday. We do most of our shooting down south or on the east coast but came across this area last week, got the permission and things are looking good for a few decent bags.