Jack Russel X Beagle

andy9308

Hello, i have been thinking about getting a new dog for a while now. i saw a jack Russel crossed with a beagle. it was only 8 mths old but looked like it had some work in it. i like pigeon shooting, rough shooting and i also do a lot of beating with a sprinkling of wild fowling. does anyone think this sort of cross would make the grade.

Andy

I should imagine it would be a wonderfully spirited dog / hound (?) and a beautiful creature aesthetically but reckon you'd have your hands full. Having both breeds myself a manifestation of their individual traits could have bad news written all over it. Beagles can be so head strong and independent that even a Beagle lite could have you pulling your hair out. My one is ex hunt so I had my work cut out but we've found a middle ground now and I just don't let het get into situations where she will let the side down, ie seeing a family having a picnic on the beach 300 yd away and intercepting it like a chuffing side winder and then proceeding to go through it like a plague of locusts :lol:

I should imagine it would be a wonderfully spirited dog / hound (?) and a beautiful creature aesthetically but reckon you'd have your hands full. Having both breeds myself a manifestation of their individual traits could have bad news written all over it. Beagles can be so head strong and independent that even a Beagle lite could have you pulling your hair out. My one is ex hunt so I had my work cut out but we've found a middle ground now and I just don't let het get into situations where she will let the side down, ie seeing a family having a picnic on the beach 300 yd away and intercepting it like a chuffing side winder and then proceeding to go through it like a plague of locusts :lol:

I know exactly how you feel :lol: