scope question

la bala

I've never tried it against a range-finder, but I don't need one to say that my scopes wouldn't get you that close. When I go out shooting I'll set the scope at the range I expect to shoot at, and most things are crisp and clear either side of the set range, within reason. Yes if it's set to 20 yards it won't be clear at 100, but I think that you won't get close doing it that way.

I've never tried it against a range-finder, but I don't need one to say that my scopes wouldn't get you that close. When I go out shooting I'll set the scope at the range I expect to shoot at, and most things are crisp and clear either side of the set range, within reason. Yes if it's set to 20 yards it won't be clear at 100, but I think that you won't get close doing it that way.

I think the system works well in the 20-70yd range - Not that the distance marked on the scope will necessarily be correct, you will probably need to print your own. This is the system many field target air rifle shooters use to good effect. Accurate ranging is really necessary when the pellet has a trajectory like a flying turnip.

I would ask the question again in the airgun section here or elsewhere.