reloading price

hi, i have thinking of reloading my own 12g, i know there is no money to be saved as i was going to do it as a pastime and the satisfaction of shooting my own carts.

but after pricing up some tackle from shotgun reloading.co.uk the price works out more than buying a slab from the shop :oops: or am i missing something :blush:

250 primers = 9.50

1/2 kg of powder = 19.50

250 b+p wads = 10

10kg of shot = 37 + 6 p/p . i know i will get around 350 28g loads from 10kg of shot but i can buy decent pigeon loads at 40 quid a slab :blink:

altogether 82 quid without buying the cases :rolleyes:

where dont my maths add up or is this standard pricing, if so then i will give it a miss i think, at least until lead shot is banned anyway.

cheers.

hi, i have thinking of reloading my own 12g, i know there is no money to be saved as i was going to do it as a pastime and the satisfaction of shooting my own carts.

but after pricing up some tackle from shotgun reloading.co.uk the price works out more than buying a slab from the shop :oops: or am i missing something :blush:

250 primers = 9.50

1/2 kg of powder = 19.50

250 b+p wads = 10

10kg of shot = 37 + 6 p/p . i know i will get around 350 28g loads from 10kg of shot but i can buy decent pigeon loads at 40 quid a slab :blink:

altogether 82 quid without buying the cases :rolleyes:

where dont my maths add up or is this standard pricing, if so then i will give it a miss i think, at least until lead shot is banned anyway.

cheers.

The only way you will save significant money is if you have a ready supply of free or VERY cheap lead then make your own shot. You may save a small amount if you buy shot from Siarm but you will have to buy in bulk to save money.. I've looked into this many a time and ditched the idea.. would take years to get the money back from the initial outlay if at all and from my point of view, whilst i love reloading metalic cartriges (it's a hobby in it's own right,) reloading shotshells just doesn't have the same appeal... partly because with metalic, I can produce far higher quality ammo than factory and enjoy myself whilst doing it.. with shotshell I can see no gain at all.. the only driver is cost and as already said, it doesn't stack up!

cheers chaps :good:

i have always known theres no savings to be gained from standard loads, and even if it cost me slightly more than the shops i probably would still do it but not at the cost i have priced from the above, i will check out siarm like whats suggested and do my adding up again see if its still worth it.

cheers. :good:

Guest cookoff013

cheers chaps :good:

i have always known theres no savings to be gained from standard loads, and even if it cost me slightly more than the shops i probably would still do it but not at the cost i have priced from the above, i will check out siarm like whats suggested and do my adding up again see if its still worth it.

cheers. :good:

reloading only makes sense if you load 36g + you save lots.

then by making your own cheap shot for less than 3.50 /kg is the best way to reload and is about the cutoff for value.

all in all good luck.