woodies seen but not around on the shoot day!

remy 700

Hi I checked a good spot for decoying recently seeing woodies using a flight line , on the day of the shoot only managed a couple dozen crows , any ideas , p.s clover and grass next to standing barley? Cheers

They may have found some where alternative to feed that day,meaning that they are flying a different way or some one else could of been intercepting them further down the flight line-obviously disrupting it,was it the same time of day as the first time you spotted them?. just keep watching and see if they return and soon you will piece a puzzle together of where and why they are there, some flight lines continue at certain times of year,i have flight lines on my permissions that are the same every year depending what time of year/what crop it is. this time you may have just simply missed the boat. don't give up though!

Edited by tomhw100

Hi I checked a good spot for decoying recently seeing woodies using a flight line , on the day of the shoot only managed a couple dozen crows , any ideas , p.s clover and grass next to standing barley? Cheers

remy mate were do you get to learn about flight lines and all the other things to do with pigeon shooting :hmm:

Quite simply , the pigeons will choose where they want to be on any given day and if they were not where you expected them they have found another food source , wind direction can also play apart on the flight lines they use.

Thanks ,the wind was in exactly the same direction , so just not enough snap for them on the day then? Thanks for the tips :good: