Stamps.

Muggins.

I collected stamps when I was a kid in an era when a lot of kids collected stamps and before computer games. I recently passed a stamp collectors shop and I went in and had a chat with the owner. I told him about the stamps I owned asked him if they were worth anything and his advice to me was to stick them on an envelope and just use them. It seems everyone back then collected stamps and there are so many from that time that they are not worth much. He also said that more recent stamps are worth more as kids no longer collect stamps to the same degree therefore they are worth more, go figure

I collected stamps when I was a kid in an era when a lot of kids collected stamps and before computer games. I recently passed a stamp collectors shop and I went in and had a chat with the owner. I told him about the stamps I owned asked him if they were worth anything and his advice to me was to stick them on an envelope and just use them. It seems everyone back then collected stamps and there are so many from that time that they are not worth much. He also said that more recent stamps are worth more as kids no longer collect stamps to the same degree therefore they are worth more, go figure

About thirty years ago my dad gave me a collection of stamps made up of birds, animals, butterflies and fish. I`ve never added to them and my kids have no interest in them so i`ve thought about selling them. How would i find out what they are worth? (If anything)

About thirty years ago my dad gave me a collection of stamps made up of birds, animals, butterflies and fish. I`ve never added to them and my kids have no interest in them so i`ve thought about selling them. How would i find out what they are worth? (If anything)

Take them to a stamp dealer for an appraisal there is one in cardiff and saw one in brighton the other weekend so they are still about.

Find a few local ones and take them for an idea of value.

http://www.somersetstampauctions.com/