Simmons Scope Wierdness

Evilv

I recenty boughta CZ425 and being a cheap jack, I clagged an oldish Simmons Deerfield scope ontop of it. This scope hasn't been used too much since I got it, but when I zero the thing, I find that having got the vertical POI right, altering the horizontal left or right, the verical can go out of adjustment by quite a large margin. The other day, I changed four clicks to the left and the POI moved up an inch and a half over a 50 metre range.

Is this scope just a piece of junk, or is there some accepted method of adjusting that I don't know? Another cheap scope I have, a Nikko Sterling, does nothing like this at all. Once adjusted, the vertical and horizontal wires are completely independent of adjustment in the other.

Thanks for your thoughts.

I recenty boughta CZ425 and being a cheap jack, I clagged an oldish Simmons Deerfield scope ontop of it. This scope hasn't been used too much since I got it, but when I zero the thing, I find that having got the vertical POI right, altering the horizontal left or right, the verical can go out of adjustment by quite a large margin. The other day, I changed four clicks to the left and the POI moved up an inch and a half over a 50 metre range.

Is this scope just a piece of junk, or is there some accepted method of adjusting that I don't know? Another cheap scope I have, a Nikko Sterling, does nothing like this at all. Once adjusted, the vertical and horizontal wires are completely independent of adjustment in the other.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Don't ya mean CZ452 ?

Is the scope securely fastened to the scope rings

Are the mounts securely fastened to the dovetails

Are you using cheapo mounts as well

Try swaping the mounts around

I had a scope on a 10/22 years ago that kept losing its zero, very similar to your problem. I junked it and replaced with new scope everthing was ok

Jonno

Q/ Is this scope just a piece of junk, or is there some accepted method of adjusting that I don't know? Another cheap scope I have, a Nikko Sterling, does nothing like this at all. Once adjusted, the vertical and horizontal wires are completely independent of adjustment in the other.

A/ yes simmons scopes r **** mate :angry: . buy a quality scope and you'll never look back :no:

Yes it's a 425. Fingers tripping over one another.

Yes it was mounted right, nice and tight.

I put the Nikko Sterling one on and sighted that in.

What scopes do people recommend that aren't blisteringly expensive? I'm not about to raid my rainy day fund just to knack some rabbits. Even the Simmons worked once it was set up, its queer behaviour is just a tad annoying. I like things to work the way they're supposd to. If it says, 'One click = 1/4 inch at 100 metres', that's what I expect to happen.