experiment with i-hunt app

Tod

was out shooting crows yesterday for a couple of hours, put 10 full bodied decoys out and managed to call a few in using the primos power call as they were passing, missed a few and shot a few then decided to use a load speaker hooked up to the iphone with the ihunt app with corvid calls to see the effect, all i can say is all hell broke loose, we played a mob attack call very load for about 30 seconds and within 2 minutes there must have been 2 to 3 hundred crows above us at differant heights going absolutely mental, they were swooping into the decoys with a few landing amongst them, we stood motionless AND DID NOT SHOOT throughout so as not to give our position away, they all dissapeared as quickly as they arrived and it went back to the odd crow flighting over, was like a scene from the birds.

The crow calls pretty useless unless your going to photograph them....you cant use an electrically/digital generated call to call in birds to shoot....pretty pointless really...

I did acknowledge that you didnt shoot any...although you put your reason was 'not to give your position away'...when in fact,its illegal

I have used downloaded internet calls to shoot fox's to great effect...

The crow calls pretty useless unless your going to photograph them....you cant use an electrically/digital generated call to call in birds to shoot....pretty pointless really...

I did acknowledge that you didnt shoot any...although you put your reason was 'not to give your position away'...when in fact,its illegal

I have used downloaded internet calls to shoot fox's to great effect...

wondered how long it would be before someone stated the obvious, i know they are illegal to use for shooting thats why we never shot, as well as not letting them know our hide position for future shooting, it was done as an experiment just to see the effect over a traditional mouth call, to be honest i dont think the electronic call would be any better long term anyway as they seem to attract all the crows at once so 1 shot and it would be game over, better to call ones and twos in with the mouth call and use a bit of bushcraft.

wondered how long it would be before someone stated the obvious, i know they are illegal to use for shooting thats why we never shot, as well as not letting them know our hide position for future shooting, it was done as an experiment just to see the effect over a traditional mouth call, to be honest i dont think the electronic call would be any better long term anyway as they seem to attract all the crows at once so 1 shot and it would be game over, better to call ones and twos in with the mouth call and use a bit of bushcraft.

It may be obvious to you, but I bet there was someone reading this that never knew.