got first fox

matty thud

a mate who i sometimes go shooting with took me out on one off his permissions wer he gets a lot foxes as we pulled up to gate in first couple of fields and started to get boots on he spots one straight away when he turned lamp on . but by the time i got hornet out of slip and loaded up the fox had gone he said it was about 15 yards away just my luck we walked up fields and kept stopping and lamping and using fox caller but no joy . so we walked through gate into next fields and got up against a fence looking up fields as soon as he put lamp on he spotted one in the hegerow so he told me to get ready so i rested gun on fence and waited for him to call it in after about 5 mins of using fox caller he got it about 60 yards away he tapped me on shoulder to take shot missed i and my mate couldent belive i didint nail it . i told him i thought i rushed shot and should hav taken time thouhgt that was it chance gone . as we drove to next fieds and walked through couple gates got to 3rd gate and once again lamped field ther it was another one couldent belive my luck he got it running straight up to us got to about 20 yard shot and missed and ran further down field as my mate turned lamp on again it was about 35 to 40 yards away and it stopped i took my time and aimed just behind front legs and thud it dropped straight to floor at last my mate said laughing i know i should have had one before this one but at last my first fox was well chuffed sorry no photoes but not that good wi computers and loading stuff on cant wait to go foxing again :good: :good: :good: