Rifle license

Shahin

Depends on:

Your reason for wanting one?

Where you intend to use it?

Experience with shooting?

Where you are from in the country as firearms departments can vary considerably?

And many more!

Im now 18, live on a farm that needs vermin controlled, been shooting since i was very young and i got my FAC with a 22 rimmy on about 7 months ago when i was 17 with no trouble!

o right, thats cool. no harm in trying then, ill give it ago.

Cheers

Good luck.

If you are:

- of good character

- have suitable land to shoot on with written permission for the type of rifle

- have adequate security arrangements

- show a knowledge of the risk of thoughtless discharge of a rifle and a show a sense of responsibility

You are almost bound to get a certificate.

wow, that is quick.

what is the procedure?

check history, check you have permission, do a vist???

The FLO lady arrived at my house to do the renewal of my shotgun cert. I told her I was thinking of applying for a FAC and that I had had one twenty years ago and surrendered it due to work and family pressures at that time. She said, get the application in to me in the next few days and I'll do the two togther. She then produced a FAC application out of her bag like a magician. I filled it in, ran around and grabbed a couple of referees, took a trip to one of my permissions and gave the farmer a letter 'to whom it may concern', describing that I had permission to shoot .22 rifle and air rifle on his land for pest control, which I'd drafted. He happily signed it and I sent the lot back to the FLO lady. Nine days later I had my cert and one day later the CZ was in my hands and being sighted in on the farm.