Gun Watch

Mino Aturo V.T Brescia

£800

12 gauge Shotgun Private Seller
Used - Excellent Condition Wolverhampton, Shropshire
Side by Side, Improved Cylinder, Full Choke, 30" barrels
Photo Photo (1) Photo (3)

Description

This is a very rare, beautiful gun. It is made in Gardone, Brescia, Italy and could be one of the original silver pigeons made by Berreta but with so many companies being brought and sold 60 + years ago the history on it is chequered. It has old style game scene engraving with a gold Silver Pigeon inlay on the top of the barrels.

It was brought over to the uk by a navy sailer in 1950 who purchased it in Italy and was then sold to a gentleman that kept it in his cabinet for 50 years without ever using it. It was then sold to a gentleman that kept it as a guest gun on his shoot. I then purchased it with the intention of using it for some game days this season but have decided to go traveling instead hence its sale. So it has been a sleeper for most of its life and would look the part on any shoot!

This gun is being sold by Pigeon Watch member skye01. Message them here

Thanks Highbird70 thats a bit of useful info. The chap that sold it to me said it could possibly be an original silver pigeon but i think its the silver pigeon emblem that aids to the confusion.

If you have any more info on it that would be great as I can find very little on the internet.

Joe

Hi everyone. After a huge amount of searching I have found a little more info on this gun. This was posted a by a gentelman on a chat forum:

Arturo Mino Armi was a very small workshop in Gardone Val Trompia Brescia, he was very passionate in his trade and used holland type mechs, I have spoken recently with one of the best Small workshop gun builders Mr.Giuseppe Pirlo , to many considered a Maestro in the side by side construction, and he told me that he knew very well Arturo Mino and is knowledge, handcraft and creativity in the buidlings of gun, he did actually start as an aprentice by A. Mino. The Gun in your Posession its an Ideal type model 70cm barrels,1* right barrel, 4**** left barrel, what we call a woodland gun, excellent for woodcock and a good allrounder. There isnt many of these guns left and are part of the italian gun making history.

The gun itself its superb, construstion and steel used, second to none, as you will probably noticed the ingraving and the blued steel on the holland mech type are delightfull.

Hi everyone. After a huge amount of searching I have found a little more info on this gun. This was posted a by a gentelman on a chat forum:

Arturo Mino Armi was a very small workshop in Gardone Val Trompia Brescia, he was very passionate in his trade and used holland type mechs, I have spoken recently with one of the best Small workshop gun builders Mr.Giuseppe Pirlo , to many considered a Maestro in the side by side construction, and he told me that he knew very well Arturo Mino and is knowledge, handcraft and creativity in the buidlings of gun, he did actually start as an aprentice by A. Mino. The Gun in your Posession its an Ideal type model 70cm barrels,1* right barrel, 4**** left barrel, what we call a woodland gun, excellent for woodcock and a good allrounder. There isnt many of these guns left and are part of the italian gun making history.

The gun itself its superb, construstion and steel used, second to none, as you will probably noticed the ingraving and the blued steel on the holland mech type are delightfull.

Hey thats one of my articles that I wrote some time ago on a american site, but I don't think that you have the same type of gun as that one that I described in that writing, could you post a close up of the side of the boxlock and under, ty

Hi All,

After viewing this gun photoes sent to me by Skye01 in detail, this it is indeed an Arturo Mino Armi side by side, with Holland & Holland type mech, this model its the "Ideal" non hardned metal boxlock. The serial number of this gun, should date the gun at the end of the 50's, between 1958-1960, I still use mine, dated 1954, its one of the best gun that I ever shot with.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone, im new here and Ive just bought one of these guns. I would be very greatful if anyone has any further info on it as I think I have a bit of a bargain considering I only gave £200 for it and its in great condition!! Im as interested in the history of the guns I own as I am in shooting them so any info would be welcomed.

Many thanks in advance