Rangefinder problem

garygreengrass

I would get your money back if Leica won't repair them FOC, unless you got them at a real bargain price that is.

I have the 10x42 Geovids and I have no issues with the rangefinder in them at all.

I used to have a Leica CRF1200 and never experienced any issues with that unit either.

If the guy that you bought them off is prepared to wait until Leica UK respond with a solution then do that, if he won't then get your money back.

Just my opinion of course.

Regards

Sprags

Hey Gary, I have a CRF 1200 and it will not function if the lenses are even a bit dirty. I use rubbing alcohol and a cotton ball and if dusty give it a little action with a fine brush. I don't think it the laser if you see the box alight and if the battery is bad it will not function at all. I am betting on dirty and or scratched lenses, but have been wrong before.

Hey Gary, I have a CRF 1200 and it will not function if the lenses are even a bit dirty. I use rubbing alcohol and a cotton ball and if dusty give it a little action with a fine brush. I don't think it the laser if you see the box alight and if the battery is bad it will not function at all. I am betting on dirty and or scratched lenses, but have been wrong before.

Thanks tryed cleaning still the same.