n550 doubler and ir upgrade, difference?

foosa

Been thinking about upgrading my pulsar n550 illuminator (currently has standard one) and adding a dr bobs lens doubler, my only concerns are is it worth the extra and what infra red to go for? I been looking at nitemaster 800 ir and odic force laser, does any one have experience/advice regarding doubler and ir for a n550? It's used on a .223 for foxing and has been great apart from the lack of illumination and 4.5 mag for the longer stuff. I would be very greatfull if any one local would have an upgraded n550 or infra red unit i could have a look at to compare. There would be a nights foxing in it for anyone who could help out :good:

I use an N750 with a Dr Bobs Doubler & a home made IR Cree torch & it's excellent. I haven't used an N550 but I've looked through 1 with a Doubler fitted - the image is ok but not as good as the N750 - as you would expect.

If you don't want to upgrade to an N750 then a Dr Bobs on the N550 is worth doing IMO as is the IR upgrade

HTH

hi i have the pulsar with dr bob doubler on it.

it makes the image a lot sharper.

you just have to make sure it is fitted on nice and tight with the grub screws cos it puts your zero out a long way if it moves even slightly.

i have sent a letter to santa for a 808ir laser to go on mine atb don

hi i have the pulsar with dr bob doubler on it.

it makes the image a lot sharper.

you just have to make sure it is fitted on nice and tight with the grub screws cos it puts your zero out a long way if it moves even slightly.

i have sent a letter to santa for a 808ir laser to go on mine atb don

Change your request to a NM800IR or make 1 yourself - much better than any laser !