Fuds Any good?

cumbrian top shot

Just been offered some pinkfeet fud decoys, I know its probably been mentioned on here before but was wondering are they any good out in the field? we normally use big shell decoys and silo socks if the wind is right for the socks, but carrying a load of shells about can be awkward at times these fuds look alot easier to carry about.

I use them got a fair few in pinks and greylags around a good 30 or so maybe more, i do put 12 silosocks in with them for movement, yes they are way better than shells loads better to carry if you have a long walk or only one pair of hands, thought about selling them and getting some Chris Green pinkfoot deeks but they are exspensive, only thing with the fuds they take a bit of folding in the morning and i'm not struck on flash lights so you have to get some practice in!!

Rgds bob.

we use FUDs and find that they work as well as shells, i say "as well as" because some times geese wont look side ways at your spread and the next time they would come into a balloon on a stick. they are easier to carry which means you can carry more. we have found that they are no use on water. hope this helps.