For sale Browning A5 Auto

caplock

Right last item out of the cupboard.

The 1st auto shotgun designed by JM Browning, millions made and often copied

Belgian built 1970 (?) 3 shot 12bore Browning A5 semi auto. This has been a sleeper of a gun and has not done a busting lot in the past 20 odd years. The gun when aquired was disassembled totally and everything greased/ waxed and wrapped. The previous owner an RAF officer was at the time on various overseas postings and had the gun laid up awaiting presumably it's resurrection. This never happened until I got it and put the puzzle together after boiling off old grease and removing the wax from the wood work!

The blueing is very very good with the exception of a 1" light rub mark on the right of the action below the bolt area. There is not a speck of rust or pitting in the barrel.

It is 2 3/4" chamber, 28" barrel full choked?, with factory fitted sling swivels

I had sent over from the states care of the Numrich gun corp new recoil components comprising spring, bronze friction ring and and adjuster ring. The original items are with the gun as well, this was just me being cautious at bringing an old gun back to life after so long a lay up. It is these parts after all that deal with the recoil and cycling of the action. Shoots 1 oz loads and up, no problems with cycling

Also included are copies of the owners manual, teardown and rebuild guide, period canvas sling and gunsmiths screw driver set as well as a Browning sales brochure with a section on the A5.

Recoil operated so no sooty pistons to scrub down after shooting.

Pics to follow £380 all in.

Thanks for looking

Scratch the above just found a very nice sxs

Also included in sale of the Browning some period catridges including some rare Eley Rocket cartridges which are an early form of tracer. The wording on the box amongst other things states 'To correct your aim follow the flame!'

Also states that through scientific improvements over the original composition of the tracer compound shot game may now be safely eaten! :D

Cheers for looking :D

post-1306-1160307479.jpg

Thank you Malcolm, it was a pleasure to do a deal with you.

Glad you could make it over to try the gun on a few clays, shame to stop really as the weather looked set to pop a few more!.

Hope the gun is up to expectations and that it serves you well, all the very best, John

Thanks for that John.

We only had one fail to eject when Malcolm was trying the gun today, a 24 gram cartridge that was in the bag. Mind you this was with the new recoil spring and phospur bronze brake unit fitted. I suppose when these guns were on the market only man size carts were used! :rolleyes:

Hope the finger has stopped bleeding Malcolm, the action spring is very stong on these guns as you no doubt remember!

Hope you enjoy it as said bove, Cheers again John

Hi John,

Great meeting you. Yes, I could have carried on shooting clays all day. The Gun,

I luv the thing! It didn't mean to bite my finger. It is in such lovely condition, that I was trying to think of a way of making it look really tatty (temporarily) just to wind my wife up. "You bought that ...... and how...."

She'll probably want it now. (She has with all the rest).

Thanks again

Malcolm